Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Winged Sympathy

Bonjour!  How are you today?  I have been able to spend more time in the craft room, which I love.  With babysitting my grandsons, I didn't have much time to create, but since I'm not doing that now, I have been able to get quite a few cards done.  I went to dinner two weeks ago with my husband and his coworkers, and they ordered nine cards, so I've been busy.

I have a sympathy card to share with you today.  A friend gave me some beautiful cardstock and I just had to dig right in!  I haven't made too many "guy" cards, and need to.  This one fits the bill.  

The sentiment is from Stampin' Up, and the wing die is a new one for me from Spellbinders. 


The base of this card is white, with a striped piece as foundation.  I positioned a scalloped rectangle die on it, and sponged red ink around the outer edge.  Using the same die, I cut a rectangle from the red patterned paper.  I used the negative of another smaller rectangle from the same set of dies, and matted some gold cardstock behind it.  There is teal in the striped paper, and I think the base of the wings pull out that color well, although it's not really obvious in this photo.  The wings were sponged with gold ink, then I used a smaller die for the sentiment (stamped in black). Some tan ink was sponged around the sentiment before removing it
 from the die, then it was mounted on a mat of gold. 
The wings were adhered with sponge dimensionals.

Thanks for poppin' in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive