Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Rose of Encouragement

Hi!  I hope you're doing well, staying cool, and enjoying the summer!

The discipleship (student) classes being held at my church have really helped me grow in Christ.  One of the things we did was take a personal look at our strengths and weaknesses in many areas to determine what our spiritual gifts are.  Mine turned out to be hospitality and encouragement.  Whenever I hear of someone going through one of the dark valleys of life, I try to be an encouragement by sending them a card.  Even my husband has asked me for a card periodically for a co-worker. 

Speaking of encouragement, he has been my encourager!  Mike has referred my blog to some of his friends and co-workers, and this has resulted in many orders.  That is why I've been making so many pop-up box cards!  Well, sometimes we need to be encouraged also, and I was told by a very smart and insightful woman that I should make a card for myself!  That was an odd thing to think about, but the bible says we should love our neighbor as ourself, so if you need encouragement or cheering up for any reason, make yourself a card!  I know you know how it feels to get a card in the mail from someone unexpectedly, and what a surprise when you send yourself one!  I didn't recognize my own handwriting as first, so that gave me a laugh.  Love and encourage yourself, as you do others!

This card is one that was so easy, but looks so elegant.  I really liked how it turned out, so I'm going to have to go get some more of the Prima roses in varying colors to make more.  The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs.  I added some fuchsia grosgrain ribbon, some vintage lace, and a little tan fancy trim.  The cardstock was given to me, so I'm sorry I don't know what pad it came from.

 
 
Thanks so much for checking in, and I hope you are happy and healthy!  Please leave a comment if you'd like.  Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. This is really gorgeous Clare. I love the rich colours.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive