Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Beginning is Always Today

Hi, friends!  I was rummaging around in a drawer in the craft room, and came across some Stampin' Up rub-ons that I didn't know I had, so decided to use them.  That's the thing - I've got so much because my husband is generous and understands my passion for creating, but I know I've overdone it, and have way too much!  When you find things you don't remember buying or being given, then it's time to purge, so things can be used and enjoyed.  I guess my way of thinking is changing as I get older.  Physical things are just that, and having more is having less of the things in life that are most important.  How do you feel about it?

This is a multi-layered card, with five levels.  The base cardstock is white, then a patterned floral sheet, the teal stripe, then the green and teal floral paper.  The green flowers and swirls are the rub-on.  On top of the strip is a verse from a vellum verse pack that I mounted with teal rhinestone brads onto green striped cardstock.  This was adhered with foam dimensionals.  The letter "T" for "today" is from a package of alphabet charms, and was adhered with a foam dimensional after tying on some green ribbon which was taped to the back of the base floral paper, then applied to the white card.  I usually leave the inside of the card void of a sentiment so it can be tailored to a specific occasion, but I did put another flower rub-on inside.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Clare, and beautiful thoughts. I, too, am at the place where things mean less to me but I seem to have lots of things. I recently organized my crafts into one closet. It was so nice to be able to make my granddaughter several American Girl doll clothes without having to buy anything new!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive