Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Our Daily Bread Designs - "Goodness Rose"

Well, what a blessing it is for me to have been chosen as Our Daily Bread Designs July Guest Designer!  I was so surprised, and it felt like "a sweet kiss on the cheek from Jesus", as my friend Kaye used to say! 

It has been hard to find good quality and selection in bible verse stamps.  Our Daily Bread Designs is my "go-to" place!  I guess I'd better get to the reason I'm here - cards made using some of the newest stamps from ODBD!  For the month of five Wednesday's, I will tell you how I made the cards, then supply a complete list of ingredients.

My first is this 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card, made using white card stock as my base, then covering this with a piece of the wonderful rose cardstock in the Blushing Rose Collection.  Each sheet is gorgeous, so I'm sure whatever you pick to use will be beautiful!  I had some antique-looking ribbon trim in off-white that seemed perfect for an accent down the right side of the rose patterned paper, adhered to the back with ribbon tape prior to placing on the white cardstock base.  On a scrap piece of white cardstock, I stamped the frame from Vine Borders in pink ink, the sentiment from the Cherry Blossom set in light green, then cut out close to the edges, which I aged with a little distress ink.  I placed a pearl on each corner, and dimensional tape squares on the back. 

Inside, there are two scrap strips of the coordinating cardstock, and I stamped the "Thank You!"  from the Cherry Blossom set to the right of these, on the left side of the card.  To finish, I adhered the square sentiment to the upper left front, aligning the left edges of the cardstock pieces.  A 6" piece of scrap ribbon trim was folded in the shape as shown, and glued in place, with the rose centered on it.  An off-white pearl stickpin was placed into the center of the ribbon and pushed down until the pointed end nearly protruded from the rose and ribbon.

 


The small 1" rose is one I struggled with, trying to make my own pattern with ruffled edges on the petals.  I am pleased with how it turned out in the end.  There were 20 petals cut out of thin white cardstock, and shaded in pink and coral inks on the innermost parts of both sides of each petal, fanning out with color not quite to the outer edge.  I shaped each petal, then glued them all together, and hand-cut two leaves out of some coordinating green paper from the above cardstock collection.  If you're not into making your own flowers, a purchased rose will work just fine!










Supplies needed -

     Our Daily Bread Designs Blushing Rose Collection 
     Our Daily Bread Designs stamp set Cherry Blossom
     Our Daily Bread Designs border stamp set Vine Borders
     White cardstock, scrap of green for rose leaves
     White cardstock thinner than your card base for the rose or Purchased Rose
     Stampin' Up Pink Passion, Cameo Coral and Pear Pizzazz classic ink pads
     Pretty ribbon or trim
     Adhesive of choice - I used Aileen's Tacky Glue, dimensionals and double-sided tape

5 comments:

  1. It's so great to have you as a Guest Designer this month at ODBD!!! I am a huge fan of your work and this card has absolutely melted my heart!!! I love the papers and stamps you chose and your hand-made rose is a work of art...wow!!! Fabulous card!!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Claire! I love all the wonderful details and that gorgeous flower you designed! Welcome as ODBD Guest Designer for July! Looking forward to more beauties! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful card, thanks for the instructions. I look forward to seeing more of your work this month at ODBD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Claire! This is such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive