Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

On the Grapevine

Hello!  I hope this post finds you all very happy and healthy! 

I was given the following quote by Teresa of Avila to put onto a card/project, and I thought it was a super quote to share!  Teresa of Avila (1515-1582) was a Spanish Carmelite and mystic.  For her, the full mystical life was one of prayers and service.  One of her favorite remarks was, "The Lord lives among pots and pans."  

     Christ has no body now on earth but yours,
no hands but yours, no feet but yours.
Yours are the eyes through which Christ's
compassion is to look out to the world.
Yours are the feet with which Christ is
to go about doing good.
Yours are the hands with which
Christ is to bless all people now.

by Teresa of Avila

Isn't that awesome? Speaking of Christ, as He is the vine and we are the fruit, I have made a grapevine bracelet, which really reminds me of who I am and why. A daughter of God, sister of Christ, friend and sister to many, wife, mother and grandmother. I wanted to share a photo of it, along with one that my friend, Lorraine, made for me. She instructed me on how to create this beauty. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to order one!  muttpuddles@comcast.net, or by commenting on this blog.







Thank you for checking out "my" grapevine, and may all your endeavors be fruitful!  Come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive