Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Home Sweet Home!

My husband and son recently went to a men's retreat with our church over a weekend, and I made this card for my husband on his return.  The images are from a set called "Home Sweet Home" by Chocolate Baroque, a stamp company in England.  I love their stamps!  Glenda has put a tutorial on how to mask and create the sunrays on the Chocolate Baroque website, here.  Please visit them, and tell them I sent you!  You'll be glad you did!  :)




The striped paper is from Color Box, the "Frond" 6" x 6" pack, and the solid cardstock is from Stampin' Up.  I used Copic markers and Stampin' Up markers to color the image.  I punched out some little leaves using a punch by Punch Bunch, for the tree.  The edge punch is a Martha Stewart called Gothic Arches.  The blue doily is a new die I just got from Cheery Lynn, called English Tea Party.  The green circle under the image was diecut using Spellbinders Eyelet Circles.  I tied pieces of ribbon (stash) through the eyelets to kinda extend the sunrays. 

I sure do appreciate you visiting, Friend, and hope you enjoyed your stay.  Have a great weekend!






2 comments:

  1. OMgoodness this is amazing! I love these stamps... the cottage is so wonderful! I will definitely check them out! Love your sun rays and what a great card to welcome your hubby back home after a retreat! Love every detail!!! He will too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post I enjoyed read this

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive