Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Foxglove

Hello, everyone!  Clare here, with my last blog for the month of July for Our Daily Bread Designs.  I really appreciate ODBD choosing me as their July guest designer, and I feel very humbled by all of your sweet comments over the last month.  Thank you for giving me this opportunity to share a little bit of my work with some fantastically wonderful stamps and papers from ODBD!

This is a very easy card to make, and didn't take long at all.  I think some people would call it a CAS card (clean and simple).


I started with a white card measuring 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  For those of you who are familiar with my work, I usually put something 3-D on each project.  Well, this one has no 3-D, but I had to add something!  Glitter!  I stamped the seed packet from the ODBD set "Seed Packet", in black Versafine ink, on the front of the card.  I like to use that ink when coloring with anything but Copics because of the detail it gives.  Then I stamped another seed packet on a piece of scrap paper, and cut the center hole out to make a mask, which I can use over and over again, changing whatever I put in the middle of the packet.  The foxglove stamp worked really well for this, and also the "Foxglove" word stamp from the same set, called "Bloom".  I love that font!  I chose the word "Seeds" from the Seed Packet set for the packet label, and Grows best with prayer at the bottom.  I did these in Orchid Opulence ink from Stampin' Up.  A little bit of green around the edges, and some pink, orchid and blue on and around the flowers.  I used some blue chalk to blend from the bottom blue to the top light blue.  All that was left was to tie some Gumball Green ribbon around the center fold, with a tad bit of white 1/8" wide grosgrain ribbon through the green knot, and apply some glitter to the blossoms with a dries clear glue.  That's it!  I think the glitter is just the thing it needed.

I have had a great time reading and learning from all of the great designers and people at Our Daily Bread Designs!  I hope you have too!  I'm really looking forward to getting to know the August designer and see what wonderful work she does!  See you soon, and thanks to all of you!
 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Clare, I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, I love this Seed Packet, and the foxglove are so beautiful along with that wonderful sentiment at the bottom!! Thanks for sharing your designs with us for ODBD for July!! It's been a joy, and I've enjoyed seeing each beautiful card you've designed! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive