Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Bloom Where God Plants You

Hello, everyone!  Happy Summer!  The flowers are in full bloom, and butterflies are everywhere!  I love cards with both of these elements, and these from Our Daily Bread Designs are so impressionable!


This card made for the second week in July for ODBD's guests designs, is one that I really enjoyed making - different for me with the machine stitching on it, and simple.  I used the sentiment, "Bloom where God plants you" as part of the focal piece, from the new ODBD stamp set, Bloom.  To accompany the sentiment, I added a paper bow and twice-stamped butterfly.   Below are the complete instructions, and a list of supplies you'll need to recreate this beauty.

I cut a white card base to 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  From the new paper pad Blushing Rose Collection, I chose scraps from five sheets of different, but coordinating paper.  I laid them out in different ways to resemble a quilt, then tacked them down just in the centers of each scrap piece, so there wouldn't be difficulty stitching them to the card base through adhesive, which would eventually jam the needle or break the thread.  I used several different stitches, as my grandmother did on a crazy quilt.  On the inside of the card, I cut a piece of one of the patterned green papers to the same dimensions as above to cover the stitching back and loose thread ends.

There was some small beading in my stash that set the sentiment off, so I glued it around it.  The sentiment was stamped in green, and a little of the flowers at just the top of the flower stems stamp used along the bottom of this piece, in coral.  Both of these stamps are from the set Bloom.  I love the font this was written in!

The butterfly is a single stamp from ODBD, called Butterfly Single.  I stamped it twice on the same patterned paper to match, in Versafine Black Onyx.  The bottom butterfly was touched up with a little of the coral color just in the center at the body, extending out into the wing area to shade.  The top butterfly I left alone with color, but did apply some glitter to the body.  I glued the two bodies together just in the center, and manipulated the top one so that the wings would stand up some, and show the dimension of the bottom flutterby.  A little glue on the butterflies, and a paper bow with a button glued in the center finishes off this pretty card.

Supply List -

Our Daily Bread Design's stamp sets - Bloom, Butterfly Single
Our Daily Bread Design's Blushing Rose Collection
White cardstock
Versafine Black Onyx ink
Stampin' Up's classic Gumball Green and Cameo Coral ink pads
Sewing machine, pink thread
Button
Seed beaded trim
Aileen's Super Tacky Glue
tape runner
Glitter - Art Institute's #147 Pink Azalea Ultrafine Transparent

Thank you for coming to visit, and I hope you've been inspired in some small way!  See you next week!


3 comments:

  1. Oh, Clare, this is gorgeous! I see in this larger photo on your blog that you used beads! Being a former quilter, I just love how you've made a stunning crazy quilt with the different shapes of fabric, different stitches, and added embellishments. Just love the butterfly and your paper bow with button! And it's finished off with your lovely sentiment! Someone is surely going to cherish this card! Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us this week! See you next week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love all the sewing details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernadette ShislerJuly 9, 2014 at 3:50 PM

    This is absolutely gorgeous, Clare. You're stitching amazed me. It's obvious you are talented with the sewing machine. Thanks for sharing this simple, yet beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive