Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fuschia Heart for Valentine's Day

Hi, everyone!  I can't believe that it will be Valentines's Day soon! But as you probably know, it's never too late too start on the next "holiday's" cards - I don't want to get behind like I did last year!

This card is made with the Fuschia Baroque Heart, a clear stamp from Chocolate Baroque's new line. There are four separate Baroque Heart stamps, but you can also buy the four as a set. Click here for the set.

It was an easy card to make, and I just used a hobby knife to cut around the top of the heart to "pop" it up a little. The background was done with a swirly stencil in the same colors, and I added a little bit of die cutting to the top. The word "Passion" is from the Butterfly Dreams stamp set.





I've got to get to making the rest of my Valentine's, so I wish you well, and Happy New Year!

Hugs, Clare

2 comments:

  1. Spectacular with the way you have coloured the edges of the heart pink yet leaving large areas of white space. Particularly interesting to see the way you used the shape of the die-cut edging along the top to echo the drop shape of the Fuchsia flowers.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Paula, you're right! I didn't even notice that the top border echoed the fuchsia flower shape! You have a great eye for detail and shape! Thanks for your sweet comments. Happy New Year!

      Delete

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive