Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Father's Day! (better late than never!)

Hi, everyone!  I'm wishing all those father's out there a belated "Happy Father's Day"!  Here's the card I gave to my husband on Father's Day.  He had a good one, including an ice cream cake.  He had his shoulder surgery on Friday, two days before, so he slept for a while, and our son came up to visit with his girlfriend.  I hope all you Daddy's out there had a great day!  I really miss my daddy, but I know he's having a good day as well!

I hadn't used this "Cheesecloth" background stamp from Stampin' Up before,
and I thought it would look goodheat-embossed in silver to look like window screen.  It didn't fail to please as screen!  With just a few little accents and the right sentiment, it worked well! 
I even had the little screwhead stamp! 


I found some silver wire, and tried to weave a little piece of screen
with it, but it wouldn't hold still.  lol  So I just swirly-clipped a
small piece of the wire to the card.
It's been a week now since Father's Day, and Mike is doing much better!  We are both going to physical therapy together, and he's doing some of the same exercises I've been doing for the past three months!  It really seems strange, with me on this side, and him the patient now.  Speaking of patient, he's trying to be.  I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!  We're just staying around the house, being cool in more ways than one!  lol

Thank you so much for visiting!  I truly appreciate it, and appreciate any comment you may wish to leave. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive