Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday, Day 4 - Scrap-Mart mini-blog

Hello, and welcome to Scrap-Mart's week long mini-blog featuring Heartfelt Creations products! Below is the schedule of the posts that Scrap-Mart will put on their website in the "Blog", and you can link to each person's blog page from there.  Today features myself and two other very talented ladies, Debbie Sayer and Lisa Gregory.  Just click on Debbie's name to go to her blogsite to view her beautiful creation, and then you should be able to go to Lisa's from Debbie's site.

The Dutch Iris-Blossom 3 Collection debuted yesterday, at midnight EST. There are 7 new PreCut Sets. These new sets coordinate with a new exclusive Heartfelt Creations die, made by Spellbinders, and 2 dies released by Spellbinders at Winter CHA.  These are the most beautiful, and in my opinion, the best sets produced yet by Heartfelt Creations! 

Here are the two cards I made for the hop:

This card was made using Heartfelt Creations HCPC 3301 Hydrangea/Posy Branch PreCut Set
and HCPC 3364 Stained Glass Background PreCut Set.  I then punched some flowers that were
nearly identical to the stamp's flowers to make it look more 3-D.   
This closeup shows the dimension of the flowers, butterfly, and the detailed stitching.



I love the way this card turned out.  I stamped the background image and heat embossed it in
white.  I then sponged ink on it, which didn't stick to the embossing.  I really like this method, and
the effect it makes.  I used HCPC 3373 Dutch Iris Medley PreCut Set for the flower, and the
background is HCPC 3372 Dutch Iris Frame PreCut Set.


This closeup of the iris shows the detail on the "stamens".  I love irises and this stamp!
I have been working on another card I wanted to post, but didn't get it done in time.  I'll post it in a few days.
I hope you have a blessed week, and have enjoyed hop, hop, hopping!  Come back to the Scrap-Mart blog tomorrow to see what the next three gals have in store for you!  Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive