Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Joan's Gardens Blog Challenge #14

I have a couple of cards that I'd like to enter into the challenge this time!  The requirements are that the card be red, green and brown, and hopefully use Heartfelt Creations dies or stamps for extra points, and a punch of some kind.  She also specified using lace, but I didn't use lace on two of them because I didn't have any at the time of making them.  I apologize for the color differences.  The "burgundy" is actually brown.  I picked up a bunch of beautiful acorns on a walk through the woods at the campground where we were "stranded". 

There's a real oak stick on the card too!  This next card coming up is a favorite - sometimes I surprise myself at what comes from a few hours of work.  Usually I can't think of a thing as far as layout goes, but this one came together quickly!

It does have lace on it at the bottom.  I love the way the apples look with the Stampin' Up Crystal Effects on them!  Good enough to eat - I can hear the crunch and munching now! 


This is making me hungry for warm apple pie! 

This next card is one that I made for Heartfelt Creations, using their new Cardinal stamp sets and dies from Spellbinders!  Awesome sets!  I had so much fun playing!  The window is a template by Marianne Designs Anja Style.  I used some leftover cellophane from a package of dimensionals for the window panes.  There is "snow" on the window and drifting down outside.  I like to use a lot of the little "leftovers" from punching - the little white swirly things in the top corners are some of those. 

This close up shows the ribbon I wound around through the "beads" of this Spellbinders Nestability Beaded Ovals, and I chalked the dots with Stampin' Up's Handsome Hunter.  The holly berries have SU's Crystal Effects on them.  I will be using these stamps and dies again!
This card was my first to make for Joan's challenge, then I really read the directions, noticing that I was supposed to use lace.  I had so much fun experimenting with my corner punches and making snowflakes with them.   Becca Feeken has a wonderful tutorial for how to make them! 
I used a lot of the little "clippings" left over from punching for the "bird seed".  I mixed "snow" with SU's dazzling diamonds to make glittery snow, and glued it in various places.  The roofing is made from one of the pine cones off one of the trees in the campground.  I was lucky to have just this one to work with since my hubby used the others for kindling to make a fire!  ha ha  I used real feathers on the cardinals, too!  I like the layout of this "Joy" Card and the paper used inside is from Debbie Mumm. 

You can see the feathers well in this shot.

The inside of the joy card is show below.  I punched a SU Handsome Hunter cardstock cardinal out and placed him along with some of the corner punch snowflakes on the inside.  The large white snowflake at the bottom is from the new Spellbinders Snowflake pendant die.  I hope you've enjoyed seeing all the creations I've worked on while on vacation - truly fun and play to me, not work!  I appreciate any comments you may leave.         
ALSO, CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL YOU LADIES THAT MADE THE HEARTFELT CREATIONS DESIGN TEAM!  Way to go, Girls!

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are stunning! So impressed with all the little details.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive