Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tea Time

Hi, all!  It's time for tea!  A friend gave me a few sheets of stamped images, and these sweet little girlfriends having tea was one of them.  Thank you so much, Jane!  This cuppa's for you!  I've had many a tea time with Jane or girlfriends, but none sitting on the floor, and my stuffing was certainly not coming out, although, I was wearing a dress and a hat!  lol  Not to mention the pearls, ruffles, rings, feathers and all the other foo-foo stuff that goes with it!

The lacey background diecut was given to me by another friend, Donna.   She was travelling home from Florida where she spends the winter, and stopped here on her way back.  She very generously loaned me her collection of dies, and what a collection!  All types, all sizes, all brands, all themes!  It took me, no kidding, one full day and half of another to diecut just the ones I'd never seen, but knew I would use - lots of flowers, leaves, branches, stems, lacey things, etc.  There were so many that I didn't get to cut, but that gives us an excuse to get together again - for tea!  lol Thanks again, dear Donna!  Or should I say, Die-va! 

The patterned cardstock used was from a DCWV Glitter Stack, layered on Stampin' Up's solid cardstock in Pretty in Pink and Lovely Lavender.  The diecut was done in white, and I apologize for not having the name of the specific die.  I used Spellbinders Labels Twenty-four to cut the layers and a Spellbinders Labels Twenty-one to cut the bears out.  This was all adhered to a base of burgundy-brown plaid paper on white cardstock, along with some ribbon from my stash.  The leaves were cut from a scrap of green textured cardstock, and the roses were handmade using a diecut from Donna, and scraps from punching.  I used a Sakura black gloss pen for the eyes and noses of these little gals, along with some spot of glitter glue on the flowers on the bow and bears.  The butterfly in the card above is a re-gifter from a card I had received, commercially made, but the colors were perfect!
Before finding the brown and pink butterfly, this butterfly was the original.



This sentiment is one I purchased from Quietfire Designs, and one of my favorites.  I've been blessed to have some friends like this, and I hope you have too.  I really try to be this kind of friend, too, because I do care.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and I would sure appreciate you leaving a comment below.  Better yet, become a follower, and tell your friends about it!  lol  I'd love to inspire someone!  But seriously, thank you for spending a little time with a friend.
         



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive