Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, Grace!




Aren't these two babes precious?  The little one kind of looks like I did as a baby.
I just love vintage and Victorian style things of all kinds!  From old pictures, to eyeglasses, to cameos, to watches, to perfume bottles, to embroidered linens,
and on and on... These little gals were in black and white, and I really love the technique of
adding just a hint of color to the focal image.  That's what I did here.  There
are many components to this card, but I don't have time to go into them all at this
moment.  Please email me if you have any questions - I will be more than happy
to answer any you may have.    The lacy oval above was diecut and sent to me by my
good friend, Donna.  I don't know the name of it, but I'll find out.


I used a new die I just got for making these tiny roses.  The more I make,
the better they look, and the rosebuds are so precious!


These little flowers remind me of some that I made for a wedding cake.


Well, I hope you had a wonderful birthday, Grace!  That, along with your hubby's good job
news has made your week a great one!  And as you said, "Praise the Lord!"


This card is going in the mail to you, Grace, so keep an eye out for it!
Happy New Year, Happy Birthday, Grace.
Congratulations to Alan!

4 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous, beautiful vintage card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olga! All ready for the hop? I got my post done today - the first time I've done it in advance! lol You doing OK?

      Delete
  2. Hi Clare just had a wonder round your blog, what gorgeous artwork.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Clare! Hold on while I catch my breath!!! I am so blown away by this awesome card and all it's fabulous details! The little rose buds are gorgeous!!! I need to find that die! I love the vintage girls and how you added just a tad of color! That's a technique I love too! The lace, the stick pins, the floral spray... oh my goodness where do I stop?!!! It's GORGEOUS!!!! I will be so honored to receive this and will keep it forever!!! I truly do thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

    Alan started his job today! I'm dying to hear from him to know how it's going, though I imagine today is a lot of signing of paperwork, etc. He was like a kid when he left this am singing... Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go..... It tickled me to see him so excited!

    I will be happily awaiting my mail each day and just can't thank you enough!!!

    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive