Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Welcome!

Welcome!

Monday, October 3, 2011

To Encourage You

I have a new friend who has just learned she has breast cancer!  It's hard to believe that I have five friends now with this dreaded disease.  I made this card of encouragement for her.  She hasn't received it yet, so she will probably see it on here before she physically receives it in the mail.  Be encouraged, Friend!




The rose was made using satin ribbon, and scor-tape applied to one side of a cardstock circle. 
 I twisted the ribbon around and around, then back again while pressing it onto the scor-tape, starting in the center.  The end of the ribbon was folded underneath, taped, and covered with another cardstock circle. 
 A pearl was applied to the center with craft glue. 

The leaves are from a Heartfelt Creations stamp set called HCPC 3378 Perfect Petal Class.  It's a class that was offered at the CHA and CKC show.  The "To Encourage You" is from HCPC 3363 Inspire Me Sentiments PreCut Set.  The inner sentiment is from HCPC 3321 Believe PreCut Set.  The diecut used for the burgundy border is from Spellbinders Fleur de Lis set, and the window die is from their Labels Twenty-one die set.  The inner image under the phrase is from Justrite Stampers Shabby Chic Labels Four.  I used a small butterfly punch to cut two butterflies, and glued one just in the body area, then bent the wings up for a 3-D effect.  The embossing is from the Sizzix embossing folder Birds and Flourishes, and the pearls are from Zva.  Also used was Spellbinder Fleur de Lis die set.  Cardstock is from Stampin' Up, and DCWV.  Coloring was done with Stampin' Up and Copic markers.

1 comment:

  1. Bless her heart, prayers going out for her, your card is gorgeous, she will love it. Got my package todaya nd thanks!!!!! I can't wait to play with it LOL

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate the time you have taken to visit! I love hearing from you and hope you have a happy and blessed day!

About Me

My photo
Mount Juliet, TN, United States
I am a child of God, wife, mother of three, and gramma of six. I enjoy stamping, scrapbooking, beading, photography, sewing, camping, fishing, hiking and life! I am a retired dog groomer. Denver, Colorado, is where I was born and raised. I miss the snow and drier weather.


Blog Archive